Vybz Kartel Issues Open Letter Accusing Jamaican Police of Lies and Threats – Asks for Investigation

Written by Red Carpet Shelley. Posted in Caribbean Celebrity News

Tagged: ,

Published on March 02, 2013 with No Comments

Vybz_Kartel

Vybz Kartel Blasts Jamaican Police

Vybz Kartel aka World Boss is accusing the Jamaican police of lies and malicious intent against him for the purpose of keeping him incarcerated and preventing him from getting bail.  The five page letter was posted on Twitter earlier this week.

“In 2011, I was charged for murder by way of a statement which indicated that I had ordered Lenburgh McDonald to murder Barrington ‘Bossie’ Burton. Weeks later, said witness gave a statement to the Public Defender saying that he was physically assaulted and threatened by the police to say that I was involved in ‘Bossie’ Burton’s death. Days later, he gave another statement to the Public Defender saying that since he recanted the first statement, he has been getting death threats via calls to his phone.”

Days after my first murder charge, I was charged with another murder (Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams). In this case, the police (by way of a Senior Superintendent who was later charged with “attempting to pervert the course of justice” in a separate incident) campaigned every Monday morning on a certain TV station claiming they had DNA evidence, which came back 7 months later as negative. They also led the public to believe that they had video tape of me and my co-accused murdering Williams. I would like to add that the police made a lot of damaging remarks against me. A most notable one would be “since his arrest, the community is a safer place.”

On Saturday, February 16th, 2013, my lawyer Ms. Valrie Neita Robertson showed me a document produced in a bail hearing by the prosecutor signed by a high-ranking member of the J.C.F which states that three cell phones were found in my cell during a search on January 22nd, 2013. My bail was denied based mainly on this blatant lie by the Jamaican police,” he said.

“I would very much like the public and the world at large to read this letter impartially and unbiased and I am demanding that INDECOM, human rights organizations and the powers that be investigate the events that took place on the mornings of November 4th, 2011 and January 22nd, 2013. I have been in custody since the 30th September 2011.”

“P.S. I have written to INDECOM twice, one letter was delivered by my common law wife in early February and one by attorney-at-law Miguel Lorne on or about February 20th, both in 2013, and whilst the true record of the search as it relates to “what was found where” is at the Horizon Remand Centre, I doubt I will get the same equitable outcome at the Gun Court Remand Centre because only their fellow officers (police) work there.”

“Everything as it relates to my case is a fabrication, everything is fabricated. Don’t know whose corn I may have stepped on in the past but it is now coming back to haunt me.”

Vybz Kartel was granted bail in the Barrington ‘Bossie’ Burton case in December 2011 as well as his conspiracy case pertaining to the Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams case last November. However, he cannot post bail due to the fact he remains incarcerated on the murder charge he faces in the Williams case.

Share

Share this Article

No Comments

There are currently no comments on Vybz Kartel Issues Open Letter Accusing Jamaican Police of Lies and Threats – Asks for Investigation. Perhaps you would like to add one of your own?

Leave a Comment

Close
Please support the site
By clicking any of these buttons you help our site to get better