The Ramblers Tales Show, returns to Atlanta for the 2011 annual show. The show in its usual form brings together the best and brightest Caribbean comedians with variations in style and comedic approaches. The show constantly aspires to create a Caribbean flavor of comedic entertainment that has a broad appeal with strong storytelling.
One attendee was overheard describing the show as Sunshine in a bottle, and we like that description. We are back to explore the success of the past shows and venture to raise its entertainment value. The show brings to the stage the comedic best of the US, UK and the Caribbean. I attended last year’s show and it far exceeded my expectations (click here for last year’s review Ramblers Tales 2010)
This year’s show will take place on Saturday, October 15, 2011 at The Porter Sanford III Performing Arts & Community Center, 3181 Rainbow Drive, Decatur, 30034. A pre Show Mixer starts at 6.45 PM and show time is at 8 PM. For more ticket information, please visit the show’s website at www.theramblerstales.com
Participants will include:
- Nikki Crosby is a professional stand up comedian, actor and Television presenter who has been headlining comedy tours in the Caribbean, US, Canada and UK for many years. Nikki has a solid record in the Comedy world and has represented the Caribbean all over the world, including The Apollo in New York and the Montreal Comedy Festival. She has won multiple Cacique Awards for her work in Theatre in the Caribbean. In 2008 she co-founded an all female theatrical production company called the Ha Ha Ha Productions.
- Nigel Fabien performed with his brother as a standup duo in Trinidad as the Fabien Brothers to wild reviews and had a satisfied and growing audience. He was the host of The Ramblers Tales Show in Atlanta in both 2009 and 2010. Last year he headlined a mini Comedy tour of Atlanta and Charlotte, North Carolina, Featuring Nikki Crosby and himself. He is a main stay as a comedic host on the stage of the annual Atlanta Caribbean Carnival scene. His entry into the comedy scene came as a teenager after he won a comedy competition in Trinidad.
- Drew Thomas has been around on the American Comedy circuit for a few years. He has made appearances on numerous Television shows such as The Late Late Show on CBS, Last Comic Standing on NBC and The Bob & Tom show. He was a semi finalist at the Boston Comedy festival and voted Atlantas 2006 best Comedian by Creative Loafing. He draws his audience in with a storytelling style that relies on his relationship follies and current affairs. Drew has a warm and inviting personality that draws you into an instant comfortable space. Drew at times pulls from his Jamaican heritage to strengthen his comedic delivery.
- Fatman George is an actor, presenter and professional standup comedian from Grenada who has been touring the Caribbean comic circuit as well as London. He has appeared in The Ramblers Tales Show for the past two years. He can be seen as a key character in the movie Blinded which was released a few years back. He does not exclude using himself as the target in delivering his comic lines. He uses a school-boyish charm to lure you in then, out comes the wit and before you know it; your belly hurts from laughter.
Additional performances will be delivered as part of the show.
- The 2011 Atlanta Caribbean Carnival Queen winner will do a fashion walk.
- Kids Princess Priya Mungroo age 5.
- Junior Carnival Queen Serena Turnquest.
- Carnival Queen Nadia Barr.
Soca artist Boogaloo from the Virgin Islands will make a guest appearance.
For Media access and information Contact:
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/theramblerstales
Media info: http://www.theramblerstales.com/media-room
All Media request must be made by 12/10/2011 to Media@theramblerstales.com
Or 404 414 1995