Are you a woman who is dreaming of a healthcare career but feel it’s out-of-reach? There is a need for qualified nurses, physicians and allied healthcare workers of diverse racial or ethnic heritage. We believe the next generation of students can make a difference in at-risk communities. The American Heart Association and Macy’s, national sponsor of Go Red For Women®, proudly announce the second year of the Go Red™ Multicultural Scholarship Fund.
The Go Red Multicultural Scholarship aims to address important gaps in treatment by increasing diversity in the medical field and ensuring all Americans have an opportunity to work with their healthcare providers to make the best choices that lead to good health. Based on the demographic shift in our nation’s landscape, racial minorities are in desperate need of healthcare providers who understand important aspects of the various cultures.
RedCarpetShelley.com is a big supporter of sisters being independent and getting their education so apply or share with someone you know.
Let us help make your dream come true.Step One: Meet these qualifications
applicants must :
- Be female of Hispanic, African-American or other minority origin (Caribbean included)
- Be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident of the United States
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, health care institution or program in the U.S.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
Step Three: Finalize and upload all documents
- Community Involvement description
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Essay
Deadline is Nov. 30, 2012
QUESTIONS? Contact us at GoRedScholarship@heart.org